Pages

Friday, August 14, 2026

ฉันรักประเทศไทย

I've decided to start this Blog back up.  There is something cathartic about writing; not caring if anyone reads or even what their opinions might be...

Just writing for the sake of expressing oneself.

 I wrenched my back again.  It seems to happen annually or so.  It started in Thailand (in 2002 with my first heavy load twisting experience). But then again so many things began there for me.  It was a call I never anticipated, didn't particularly desire, and had no background for and yet it changed my life as few other engagements ever have. It lingers with me...

And so, as I wait for the methocarbamol to settle in and relax the muscles I'm listening to Chamras Saewataporn <sample here> my favorite Thai musician.  His music sometimes makes my family crazy when I listen but it is the ultimate tool of relaxation for me.

The music takes me back to a time when I seemed to be more fully dependent on the Lord.  I didn't know the language, hadn't a clue about the culture, food, the people, or the beauty of Thailand. And yet I sometimes think, there might be no better place to live...

There are times, like this when I sit back and fall in love all over again with the beaches:

 the markets:


life in the mountain villages:


 the ease of transportation:

  

the food:

the slower, simpler life:

 

And family and friends left behind...

They say you can never go home, and there is a lot of truth in that, but for those who have never left, there is nothing with to which to compare.  Temporary assignments, vacation visits, and tourist experiences don't build the kinds of relationships that living does. 

We seem to be settled in northcentral PA now, and are blessed to be sure, however, when my mind wanders, it always wanders to Thailand...And so I sit, listen, and dream... 

 





 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment