As I look out in the early morning, on the boundary lines the Lord has set for me in this season of life, I am grateful. The silence around me, of everything but the birds calling, the occasional snort of a buck, or the cry of the coyotes, is wonderfully calming.
If we get a car up the road (besides the once a day Fed Exp and/or UPS for our neighbor) it's a busy day.
I walked out this morning while the dew was still heavy and just took a deep breath...
As I gazed past the patio up the hill to Eliza's rest I realized just how much of a blessing this has been. I recalled being in Thailand and wishing for a cool day when I could wear a long-sleeved shirt and feel the coolness of a 50 degree morning. Or to sit around a campfire and not feel the stifling heat so much as its warming comfort. And here I am.
The flowers which the Mrs. has put in the garden lining the patio are familiar. They aren't orchids. They aren't Plumeria or other tropical beauties, but they carry their own delight.
I've come to appreciate the variation in color and in season, the spring, the summer, the early autumn blossoms that each bring on their own, unbidden.
And then, I also recall God's timing in bringing us here and look up, again, to Eliza's rest and know, Our God Reigns! Soli Deo Gloria!
In loving memory of Eliza Gail Hallead



No comments:
Post a Comment