Chapter 29: The Gifts of
Prophetic Insight Imperative
Today – Part II
As a part of this study we are asked, each week, to consider 5 questions. It is helpful if we can spend a day or two thinking about them prior to answering them. Some weeks questions seem to be easier than others, but they are always helpful in processing the material. Perhaps, this week, you might imagine sitting with a friend and having a discussion. Your friend completely out of the blue asks you:
1. Have you ever “heard” directly from God? What was his intent/message?
How might you answer?
Or perhaps they know you are engaging in this study and they ask about this week's experience
2. What are you hearing or otherwise learning from God through the experience of this study?
Or maybe even...
3. What do you think would God have you change about yourself to become more like he wants you to be?
It's helpful sometimes to consider how we would answer others who ask such questions rather than just asking ourselves the question.
4. What impact might these changes he seeks in you have on your work, your relationships with others, your time and efforts in your congregation, your neighborhood, your family?
And as always, after you have considered all of this, what is the bottom line in your relationship with the Lord, concerning the matter of intimacy, hearing from Him, discerning His will for you, here and now or...
5. What is God saying to me about all of this?
I hope you will take the time to consider these questions. If you've read this far, I'd love to hear your comments, constructively critical, encouraging, or otherwise. You may feel free to comment anonymously, but it'd be helpful, for context, if I knew a bit more about you.
-Soli Deo Gloria